Head Lice Screening for Schools,
Camps & Daycares
Does your school, daycare or camp have unwanted visitors? What is the head lice policy? Do you find that children are still returning with head lice?
Lice Squad.com offers a Check Ahead program where our consultants will professionally check all students or campers. Our discreet and non-disruptive methods will ensure minimal interruption and get the job done quickly and quietly.
How does it work?
- A letter is provided for you to send home to parents letting them know of a scheduled day for head lice checks.
- Each child is seen by a professionally trained Lice Squad consultant.
- Each child is screened using a fresh lice stick. We check the three hot spots for lice and/or lice eggs. Once cleared, the stick is broken and placed in a garbage receptacle.
- If lice or lice eggs are found, a sample of hair with an egg on it or a louse is removed and taped to a Lice Squad Head Check Verification form that explains our findings. This form is then confidentially returned to the office at the end of the screening.
- Upon finding lice activity on a child the Lice Squad consultant discretely leaves the screening area to cleanse their hands with an antiseptic gel and then washes their nails with a scrub brush before returning to screen other students.
- All Head Check Verification forms are provided to the office. Parents are contacted by the office.
Since the first letter came home in JK that “a child in your child’s class has headlice” I have been dreading this situation. Instead of it being a scary or unpleasant experience, my daughter felt like she was at the spa and wanted time to turn back so she could enjoy her first treatment again!
All of the vacuuming, laundering, treatments and comb-throughs were still a major inconvenience, but nothing compared to if you hadn’t come right away.
My husband and I are both teachers so we really appreciated that our child could go right back to school.
Our whole family’s sincere thanks, Carol P.
give us a call at 1-888-542-3778 or by email at [email protected].
It is not our policy to wear rubber/latex gloves while screening for lice. We are conscious of possible latex allergies and there is a pulling sensation on the hair that may cause the child discomfort. By adhering to our strict protocol and sanitation policy as outlined above, the possibility of live lice transfer from a Lice Squad consultant to a student is extremely low.